Sunday, July 31, 2022

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. Today I’m going to share my typical meals for the day. As well as some little tips and tricks I’ve found helpful for me. 


5:30am 

Wake up and start sipping on ice cold water right away.  Ice water goes down best for me. Room temp water tends to make me nauseated


8am 

Eat breakfast. These days my breakfast is a chia seed pudding 

  • 3/4-1cup RAW milk
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds

Let sit overnight in the fridge

  • sprinkle of cinnamon
  • 3 tbsp hemp seeds
  • 2 tbsp pecans
  • Appx 3/4 cup fruit.  It varies depending on what I have on hand. Fresh or frozen berries, mango, apples, peaches, and bananas are a few of my favs


9am 

I start sipping on my protein/coffee concoction

  • 1/2 cup coffee
  • 1/2 premiere protein or Fairlife protein

I like the chocolate or salted caramel

  • 1 scoop of Inner Beauty Collagen
  • Sometimes I’ll enjoy homemade banana bread while drinking my coffee


After this morning routine, my day kind of flows depending on what’s going on.  I’ll give some examples of what time I eat and the foods I eat below. One of the things I learned over the last few years is the quality of my food matters. When I eat good, nutritious food, I feel my best.   And when I’m not eating, I’m focused on hydrating. Drinking water all day long. 


11am 

Snack time.  Sometimes I skip this one depending on when I’m going to eat lunch. 


1pm 

Lunch time.  Make sure I get a good about of protein with whatever I eat 

  • Salad
  • Sandwich


2pm 

Afternoon beverage time.  I drink Ningxia Red every single day, no matter where I am or what I’m doing. It’s packed full of amazing ingredients with tons of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.  Depending on where I am, I’ll add in more nutritional supplements to my daily treat.  


4pm 

Snack time.  Sometimes I skip this one depending on timing of dinner


6pm 

Dinner time.  Since I work 3 days a week at the hospital, I’m not home for dinner on these days. So I try to bring leftovers. Sometimes it just looks like apples with peanut butter/nut butter.  When I’m home, I try to cook dinner every night off.  Good balanced dinners with good protein and veggies. 


8pm 

Bedtime snack. My go to is avocado toast.  Sprinkle some hemp seeds and hot sauce on top.  With a side of plantain chips usually.

I’ve found when I eat some sort of bread (I use homemade sourdough or GF) before bed, I have less incidence of bile reflux.  Weird, I know.  I remember talking to a ‘seahorse’ before getting my stomach removed and she told me that her trick for not having bile reflux at night is to eat a Hawaiian roll and drink a glass of milk before bed.  I don’t know why, but that has always stuck with me.  Maybe there is something to eating bread before bread to avoid the bile reflux.


Snacks:

  • 2 hard boiled eggs with clementine
  • 2 tillamook snack cheeses with clementine
  • Almonds with gf pretzels
  • Hummus and veggies/crackers
  • Pistachios
  • Apples with peanut butter/but butter. I love the RX nut butter packets to take on the go
  • Beef sticks (Archie’s) with clementines


The protein intake is super important for me because if I don’t eat enough protein with a carb, I get reactive hypoglycemia or late dumping about 2 hours after I eat.  It’s not fun to have a super low blood sugar nor is it good for our bodies.  Having a roller coaster of blood sugars can cause a lot of damage in the long run.  


I think it’s important to remember that everybody is different and responds differently to different things, so what works for me may not work for you. 


I hope you found this helpful or informative. ♥️


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...