Sunday, October 27, 2019

HALLOWEEN IS HERE

It’s been a little over a week since this last surgery. And although I’m feeling really good, I’ve been reminded this week that I just had surgery. Haha.  My mind wants me up and being productive. I have 6 weeks off and I have so much I can accomplish in that time!  But my body keeps giving me subtle reminders to take it easy and rest. It’s the intermittent nausea and total lack of appetite.  Real bummers.  No, but really, I feel I’m doing really well and can’t complain.  The one thing I have been very adamant about this week is eating every 2 hours so I can gain some weight back.  I lost 6lbs through all of this.  Between the pain and then having surgery.  I gained a couple pounds back within a few days to just then lose it again.  My weight is not bouncing back quite like I thought it would.  So I’m just going to continue pushing through with high protein and high calorie foods to get this weight back on.  To bad I can't just chow down on the Halloween candy.  Haha  Wish me luck.

In other news, the kids and I have been preparing for Halloween.  We didn’t decorate this year at all just because I didn’t feel like it.  Instead we spent an entire day making Halloween cookies and decorating them.  While Emma was at school for a half day, Owen and I made the sugar cookies.  He loved rolling out the dough and using cookie cutters to produce bats, witch hats, cats, pumpkins, and ghosts.  When Emma got home we made royal icing and had a blast making the different colors and piping them onto the cookies.  Once we got the right consistency for the icing Emma did an amazing job decorating.  Owen had so much fun caking on the icing and then drowning the cookies in Halloween inspired sprinkles.  As much fun as we had this day did wear me out a bit.  I made sure the following day I had nothing on my agenda.  Well, nothing except cleaning up the kitchen from all this cookie fun.  Needless to say, I waited for Matt to be home to embark on pumpkin carving.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  Enjoy your week and maybe next week I’ll have more to chat about.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...