Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Life insurance

I have a friend who is a nurse in genetics.  She recently brought me all kinds of literature to read and catch up on. I’m reading as much as possible to soak all this in and be able to make informed decisions when interviewing surgeons.  I am so thankful for her support. In her words “it’s going to be okay.  This sucks.  It sucks really bad actually.  But it’s going to be okay”.  She asked if I have life insurance.  Which I do...but it’s a policy through my job and if something happened where I’m no longer able to work or I switch jobs, this could be an issue.  So now I’m trying to get an independent life insurance policy, which is stressing me out that they will find out about my genetic mutation and deny me, which would just kind of suck.

Today, the life insurance examiner came to the house to do his assessment. I was so nervous.  He definitely did not seem to enjoy his job and just wanted this process to be over with.  So, he never once asked about any genetic testing!  Phew!!  Bullet dodged and now I wait to hear if my application has been accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...