Sunday, December 9, 2018

Cookie day!

I haven’t made it to Hanny’s yet.  I was supposed to go see Justin Timberlake on November 29 with my sister in law and a friend.  We were going to eat at Hanny’s for dinner prior to the concert. Unfortunately the show got postponed because of Justin’s bruised vocal cords.  We were so bummed!  We’d been looking forward to this night out for months.  I mean I feel bad for him.  His voice is a pretty important part of his life. So he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do to take care of himself. And we are lucky he didn’t just cancel it.  Since the show was postponed we postponed Hanny’s. 

Since then we’ve found out Justin rescheduled his Phoenix tour date to March 5, 2019. So glad he picked a date before my surgery day!  Super stoked about it actually. 

While I wait, my hubby and I decided to try a new restaurant the other night.  We ate at Camp Social, local restaurant in Phoenix.  And it was actually our first time there.  The atmosphere is super cute with campers spread throughout. First one is at the hostess station right as you walk through the front doors.  There’s another one next to the bar with a table in it for dining.  The servers wear shirts that say camp counselor on them.  Anyway, we had a date night planned to attend our annual comedy show to wrap up the year.  There were three comedians for the night and all of them seemed to share a common theme.  Kindness.  Which is interesting for a comedy show as comedians tend to make fun of peoples...a lot.  But hey did an amazing job of incorporating kindness into their jokes.  Which I loved. They were all quite funny. We love going to this show every year to laugh and reflect on the year which is coming to an end. As much as this year has been emotionally and mentally challenging, we are so lucky.  We are so lucky to have 2 wonderful, healthy children.  To have each other.  To have a beautiful home.  To have such an amazing family and support system.  To be healthy ourselves. And to just be alive.  And to be able to go laugh for a couple of hours while enjoying each other’s company is very therapeutic.

After a very late night of comedy, we were pretty lazy and non-productive yesterday. I love having those occasional days though.  I used it to rest up for our annual cookie day to come today.


A few of use gather every year to make Christmas cookies.  We make big messes, yell at the kids to stop eating cookie dough and chocolate, and get to enjoy great company while making delicious cookies.  Needless to say I’m pretty exhausted, especially since I processed to make dinner and salads for the week. Haha. So, I’m going to cut my recap of our day short here and wish you a wonderful night.  If I don’t post again before Christmas, have a very Merry Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...