Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Family Vacation

It’s been a while since my last post. I’ve been struggling with what to talk about since receiving my pathology results because there’s nothing new on the CDH1 front.  So I’m just going to blog about life. Haha

My family and I are on vacation at the moment in Portland, Oregon. I have some family here (totally unrelated to the CDH1 side) and we decided it was time to bring the kiddos to meet  those they had yet to meet. Today is our first full day in beautiful Portland and we are enjoying it to the fullest. The kiddos have a goal of spending time at a park every single day. We are sitting at our second park for today so they are well on their way to accomplishing said goal.  

My goal for the trip is to enjoy lots of good food and desserts, as usual, right?!  Haha. Last night we were treated to a home cooked lasagna dinner with a yummy fresh salad and wonderful company at my Aunt Barb’s and Uncle Bob’s house. I myself have only been here once as a kid and their house is so much like I remember. A huge garden, beautiful pond, and pasture for the kids to explore. They’ve added their bee hives since I’ve been here last (when I was 10 years old).  And this morning we went to a small restaurant called Waffle Window which has gourmet type waffles. I ordered a ham and cheese wad free which was amazing. My family didn’t like it so much but I would definitely go back. 

My husband’s goal is simple...To eat good ice cream. Haha.  Which sounds like that is going to be super easy at a place nearby called Salt & Straw. Apparently has normal and gourmet type flavors which is totally up my alley. Haha. My husband will probably go for the more  moral flavors but sounds pretty yummy. I’ll let you know how it is. 


Goodnight. 

1 comment:

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...