Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Mental Breakthrough

April 10, 2019

Today has been a break through kind of day. I still have moments of negative thoughts and emotions. More than I would like to be having anyway.  And today is really going to help me turn that around. 

This afternoon I had my second acupressure appointment.  It was with a chiropractor that started practicing acupressure a few years ago. My mom is a patient of his and highly recommended him. About 2 days after my first appointment I noticed a pretty drastic difference in the amount of nausea I was experiencing.  So I made my 2nd appointment which was today.  During the appointment I felt definite physical changes at points of discomfort so I knew this was going to be another good session. Immediately after I don’t feel any changes in nausea or appetite. But we’ll see how I feel in a couple of days. 


And to top my day off I had a Skype counseling session as my counselor recently moved to Texas.  So bummed!  But, it was great to talk to her as always. I have never left her thinking ‘man, I wish I didn’t do that’ because I always feel tons better after my sessions with her. She reminded me that I need to fight for my joy.  Nobody else is going to be able to give me joy.  Yes I might find joy in those I love but ultimately it is up to me to decide to feel joy or not. So I need to do something everyday that brings me joy. And I know this, but it’s oh so easy to forget when you’re feeling down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...