Saturday, April 20, 2019

Going back to work

April 20, 2019

I’m starting back to work this week. I’m going to do a reduced time shift though. So instead of working 10 hours shifts 3 days a week I will be doing 8 hour shifts 3 times a week.  I know I’ve mentioned this before, I am so fortunate to have such supportive and caring coworkers, supervisors, and managers.  So I’m mentally preparing my food menu for Monday to make sure I have plenty of it.  I’m anxious to see how my eating schedule is going play out at work.  Thankfully since my last acupressure appointment my nausea is almost nonexistent compared to what it was. I was getting nauseated every time it was time to eat. Like my bodies single saying ‘you’re hungry’.  It was awful. But now I never get nauseated when I’m hungry.  I do still if I eat too fast, too much, or something that doesn’t agree with me.  But I can mostly control these things so they don’t happen too often.  I’m so thankful for this. So now I’m confident my eating schedule can be a bit flexible when needed while I’m at work or just out and about in life for that matter.



This evening we celebrated Easter with some family. The weather was perfect for spending the entire time outside. Food was perfect. Ham and scalloped potatoes with watermelon and strawberries!  It feels so good to be able to sit and enjoy certain feeds again.  Like the watermelon and strawberries!  Oh have I missed the fresh fruits!  I’m being extra cautious while trying new foods by trying one new things at a time and giving it a few days before I try another one.  Kind of like what pediatricians recommend for babies.  And I’m still not eating skin on any fruits or veggies.  That will come with time.  I’ll try it out when I feel comfortable.  But being able to sit with family, enjoy the good food, enjoy the kiddos playing, have good conversations felt so good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...