Monday, April 29, 2019

Work can be a nice break

April 29, 2019 

I went for my first hike since surgery this weekend. It was 3.4 miles and beautiful. We were up in the pines with family and we had so much fun. The hike was adventurous, so much fun, and the weather was amazing.  My hubby brought our slack line, so we were able to get that hooked up between a couple of trees and we all had a go at it.  Needless to say but Emma is probably the best at it at this point.  

Nothing too exciting with eating good food on our outing in the pines.  In fact, most of it was pretty bad.  I can say that I am still experiencing mourning for certain food.  We went out for ice cream at one point and I could just feel my mood decline because I can’t eat it. And trust me I’ve tried.  A few bites here and there and it is a no go for now.  I don’t getting dumping or anything like that it just makes me nauseous within an hour or so eating it.  Man do I miss being able to enjoy a single scoop of whatever ice cream I’m in the mood for at the time.  I have faith that time will come some day.  

Today is Monday.  I worked today as usual.  And I remembered that Mondays I’m usually exhausted from a busy weekend and I enjoy going to work for the reprieve.  Let me just say my children wear me out on the daily.  haha.  And even after this pretty relaxing yet busy weekend we had it was so nice to go to work and enjoy another part of my life again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...