Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Belly Pain

Since my last post a couple of weeks ago my weight has been all over the place. I had gained the 2 lbs back. Woohoo!!  And then I got a respiratory virus which had me coughing crazy amounts. Stepped on the scale at one point to see if lost 4 more lbs.  I’m not stressing about it at all because I know I’ll bounce back pretty quickly.  I have seasonal allergies and asthma and this time of year in AZ just gets me every time. So last night was the first night I’ve actually got a good night sleep for about a week because of all the coughing. Despite all the drugs you can imagine.  And to top it off I’ve now had 2 more episodes of this extreme abdominal pain. Last week it was not letting up at all and I ended up going to the emergency room. Had a CT and everything looked normal. The Dr gave me a script for an antispasm thinking it might help the next time this happens.  So yesterday when it came on again I took it. Pain was gone after 2 hours of taking it. So hard to say if it actually did anything or if it was just the process and a coincidence. I won’t bore you if all the details of these pain episodes. Just know I’ve been in very close contact with my surgical team and we are actively trying to solve the puzzle.  So it’s been a crazy couple of weeks, hence not posting until today.

I will add however than I’ve done some yoga at home a couple of times since my last post. On the days I’ve been feeling good I’ve found videos on YouTube and did them at home with my 4 year old. And I’m definitely going to be practicing yoga more.  It’s pretty awesome. And my 4 year old loved it too.  

So stay tuned. 🤞🏻 the pain doesn’t happen again but if it does the medicine actually does help and that we can figure out what the heck is going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...