Monday, September 23, 2019

To Exercise or Not to Exercise

Happy Monday everyone!  It’s been a pretty normal week for me.  Just really listening to my body and resting when it tells me to do so. So Thursday I rested a lot. Which totally prepared me for the busy weekend.  2 birthday parties in one weekend for my daughter to attend was a bit insane, but fun nonetheless. Emma had a blast.  Life is getting back to its normal craziness for us. Go go go. But I’m trying really hard to keep everything relaxed and enjoy it all. Instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off like I used to do. That’s just not good for anybody.  

The last few weeks I’ve really been thinking about incorporating more exercise into my daily routine. So I’ll do an easy 20ish minute body weight workout here and there. In which I’m pretty sore the next day and it’s feel oh so good.  But I have not made it a habit or routine by any means. Like I’ve probably actually done this like 2 days in the last couple of weeks. Just easing myself into it.  So when I stepped on the scale yesterday I was a bit surprised to find I lost another 2 pounds. Disappointed really. I don’t feel I’ve been expending more energy. When I really sit back to reflect I realized I’ve probably been a little more lax on eating.  I still eat constantly but if I miss a ‘meal’ I don’t fret about it. And I’ve been eating more fruits and veggies because they make me feel good.  So I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised to see the scale yesterday morning. But it is a friendly reminder that I still need to work hard everyday. I need to be vigilant with eating and hydrating. And I know most people would kill to have the problem of not being able to gain weight. The grass is always greener, right?  I never thought in a million years I would ever have to work hard to gain weight. And yet, here I am. And it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.  

So just to give you all an idea. Before surgery I gained 20 lbs.  I didn’t really intentionally gain this weight but I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I knew I wanted to enjoy food as much as possible before surgery. I didn’t know how long it was going to take me to really enjoy food again. So no regrets there. And since surgery I have now lost 46 lbs.  So I’m officially considered underweight with the BMI scale (don’t get me started on my feeling about this scale). So if I can gain these 2 recently lost pounds back I will be a happy camper.  And when I learn how to incorporate more exercise without losing more weight hopefully I can put on a bit more muscle and then I’ll really be a happy camper. It’s insane how fast you lose muscle mass.  So I’m thinking of practicing yoga for stretching, strength and stamina.  I’ve been playing with this idea in my head for a few weeks now, so maybe one of these days I’ll actually start. 

Oh, and as for the abdominal pain from last week.  I’m still talking with the surgical team to figure out what it could have been. We’re bouncing around with a few ideas. But nothing concrete yet.  I’ll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...