Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Ugh, why me?!

My best friend called me today.  She works closely with many types of surgeons and started asking around and doing her own research and she tells me “we gotta get this shit figured out”.  She asked around some more and did some more research and then says “you got this.  You can totally live without a stomach.  There are lots of people living and thriving without stomachs.  I know that’s not what you want to hear right now, but you have to do this.  And I know a very skilled surgeon who would do it laparoscopically”.  She went on to give me contact info for this surgeon and our conversation ended.  

I was at work again today and just couldn’t believe my life was coming down to making this decision.  It angers me so much, I would just rather not have known about this.  When I think about my kids I just get super sad and know I want to be around as long as possible for them.  It’s hard to imagine them growing up without me, their mommy, around.  I opened up and talked to a couple people at work as my colleagues, supervisors, and managers are super supportive.  I just felt the need to talk about it.  Plus, I feel pretty close to several friends I work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...