Thursday, December 26, 2019

Reflux...ugh

Our Christmas get together with hubby’s family last night was so much fun. Just good people, good food, good entertainment, and good fun. It’s always fun to see those we only see once a year.  Hearing how life is going and what they are up to. And then of course it’s awesome spending time with the ones we see more often.  Kiddos running around. 2 year old twins keeps everybody entertained at some point in the evening.

As far as food goes, I found it very difficult to eat as frequently as I should.  Of course the food was delicious and I wish I could have eaten more. In hindsight I wish I would have made myself 2 plates. One for the moment everybody was eating. And the second for a couple of hours later.  I think that would have helped.  My saving grace was drinking milk before leaving my mother in laws house and then eating some pecans and pretzels in the car on the way home.  Still went to bed feeling like I didn’t eat enough.

And late last night I woke up with reflux. Ugh. This happens every so often. Usually when I catch myself lying flat without realizing it. But this was not the case this time.  Maybe it was all the rich food my body is quite used to anymore. Maybe it was I didn’t eat right before bed like normally do. I’m convinced that eating before bed helps keep the bile at bay and prevents it from working it’s way up to my esophagus.  I find this interesting because a lot of stomachless people find eating to close to bedtime causes the reflux.  Anyway, I felt miserable most of the day. Since this isn’t avid reflux (from stomach acid), it is bile reflux. Which apparently is more alkaline.  So all the antacids you think to use/take when having heart burn don’t work at all. I actually think they make it worse. So I try the things other stomachless people have suggested. Such as Diet Coke, orange juice, or anything that is on the acidic side.  It seems these things work sometimes, but then other times not so much. And today was one of those times they didn’t do much for me.  So I just tried to take in what I could manage slowly all day while hanging out with the kiddos. We literally just played with new toys, played with the dogs, went for a walk. I don’t think I even got dressed until FSR into the afternoon. 

Fingers crossed tomorrow is a better day. Especially since it’s a work day. G’Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day in the Life - seahorse edition

I’ve gotten my eating and drinking routine down pretty good now. I have a really good grip on what helps me feel my best and what doesn’t. T...